Your Library Card
1. The Vermontville Township Library will issue a library card at the cost of .50, to any resident of Vermontville and its surrounding areas, showing a valid Michigan Drivers License, or a Michigan Identification card. Replacement cards will cost .50.
2. Patron using area campgrounds as their home address shall be limited to a total of two items checked out at one time. No DVD’s or audio books will be allowed.
3. It is recommended that children under the age of 6 have their books checked out by a parent.
4. Upon issuance of this card, patrons will be allowed to check out a total of three items at a time until a period of six months has passed. The library reserves the right to lift this restriction at any time for patrons who continually return items on time, and who do not let items reach overdue status during the six month restriction period.
1. Books, periodicals and audio books are checked out for a period of 1 month.
2. Free DVD’s for one week at no charge and rental DVD’s are checked out for 3 days for $2.00.
3. Minors are allowed to check out DVD’s only if a parent has signed a permission slip, which will be kept on file in the library.
1. Materials may be renewed by phone, online, or in person, providing that the item is not on reserve for another patron.
2. Items may only be renewed once by phone or online. Second renewals, if needed, must be done in person, with the materials present at the library.
Requests for items to be put on reserve may be done by phone, online, or in person.
1. On the 31st day of checkout, a book, periodical or audio book are considered overdue.
2. On the 4th day of check out a rental DVD is considered overdue.
3. On the 8th day of check out a free DVD is considered overdue.
4. There will be three attempts made by the library for return of the overdue item.
a.Phone Call or email notice
b.Mailed overdue notice
c.Bill for the replacement cost of the item
5. Anyone having 3 or more items overdue will not be allowed any additional materials.
6. Anyone who has materials that are 30 days overdue will not be allowed to check out any other materials until the material is replaced, returned or paid for.
7. If the bill is not paid in 30 days the matter may be turned over to Small Claims Court.
8. The library reserves the right to accept an exact duplicate of the item in lieu of replacement cost plus a $2.00 processing fee.
9. Chronic abuse of the loan period will result in restriction of the number of items allowed to that patron. Restriction will be at the discretion of the librarians.
1. The Vermontville Township Library does not charge fines on overdue books.
2. Fines are charged on overdue DVD’s at the rate of $2.00 per every 3 days. DVD’s that are FREE for one week will be charged an overdue fine of $1.00 per week.
3. If a patron has any overdue DVD’s or late fees on record, the patron will be restricted. The patron will not be allowed to check out additional materials until the overdue materials are returned, and all overdue fines are paid.